the Boston tea party; learning something new

The Boston Tea Party
December 16th 1773

When I threw the fake tea I felt patriotic and I imagined the early Americans felt the same. When we were at the Boston Tea Party Ships And  Museum I learned a lot that I want to share, so lets began. 

The Boston Tea Party started with the British who were putting taxes on  Americans tea, and these teas were even the oldest and worst of the lot!! Do you like tea? I do and I wouldn’t want tax on the worst of the lot. 

The early Americans in America wanted to do a giant act, kind of crazy and really big, to show how they felt. So they decided throwing tea into into the harbor would be the best thing. 


I can’t imagine how brave they must have been. Now this elusive group limited to about twenty people were “the Sons of Liberty,” any family or friends that wanted to also partake in this dangerous and criminal act. Would you partake? I think it would be hard to know if you would be safe after you threw the tea in the harbor because you had broken the law.

Late at night, the group went to the harbor and got on a “Son of Liberty’s” co-owned boat. The “Sons of Liberty” split the boxes open and threw handfuls of tea into the Boston harbor then they broke the pieces of the boxes smaller and threw the wood into the harbor as well. 


Imagine how hard it would be to throw your morning tea into the harbor. When they were finished they quickly left and for weeks to come they had to keep quiet about what they had done. 


The Boston tea party ships and museum tour was very good, My highlight was throwing tea into the harbor and the water made splash. In one area portraits came alive and talked to you, like FaceTime.We heard this amazing story. A wooden tea chest had been thrown into the water without being spilt and it had washed up on someones shore they had picked it up and hid it and the box is still in the museum today and, my souvenir I chose a little tea chest just like the real one.  


A number of colonists were inspired by the Boston Tea Party to carry out similar acts. The Boston Tea Party, on December 16, 1713, eventually proved to be one of the many reactions that led to the American Revolutionary War which started on April 19,1775. So we must thank those people for they started the war.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A reson for a blog

About