advent: prepare

Image result for advent clip art
Advent

I am thrilled with Christmas… let the angels sing, the more people the merrier, the more parties the better, the calendar with three plans on it well put it in the trash, the planner with more then ten parties sure I’ll keep it but I expect more plans next year, let the jingle bells ring, the sleigh bells sing, I forget traffic, holiday lines, stress, and everything else and I just wrap myself up in the glory that is Christmas! But the thrill of first putting up decorations and first getting out the tree, sad to say will end, in a matter of time seeing the Christmas tree will be well normal the advent calendars, eggnog, and everything else just won’t feel the same, won’t have the same thrill, will become the norm… which is why we need something else to prepare for, to turn our hearts toward, to open up the calendars and dedicate time to listening, enjoying, praying, reading, praising, thanking, and most of all waiting for Jesus to come again. I looked up the definition of advent and I loved the answers I found like this one… advent is the arrival of a notable person, thing, or event. Or like this one the first season of the Christian church year, leading up to Christmas and including the four preceding Sundays. Also this one, the coming or second coming of Christ. And last but not least Advent is the period of four Sundays and weeks before Christmas. Advent means 'Coming' in Latin. This is the coming of Jesus into the world. Christians use the four Sundays and weeks of Advent to prepare and remember the real meaning of Christmas.


Isn’t this what we need to prepare and remember the real meaning of Christmas. Is Jesus not the notable person, thing, or event that we have been waiting for, four preceding Sundays and the woks following all for us to look forward and look back to Jesus’s first coming, in a nowhere town, in a nowhere stable, to common people and now is second coming this is what we prepare for, Advent. Now I hope you find, what I have found a lifetime of hope and thrill. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A reson for a blog

About