what is your life's blueprint//M.L.K. day

happy Tuesday friends,
this post is in honor of M.L.K. day  


We need people to mold us, to shape us, to make edits onto our blueprints, in order for us function differently from everyone else because we don't want to all be the same, if I have one person telling me about how they get a new outfit for every party and that I should also and another person telling me to live simply and become a minimalist then I will be somewhere in the middle, this is what I mean about fitting your blueprint.

 I think that  people asking you what do you want to do with your life is kind of the same as them asking what is your blueprint, my favorite speech of Martin Luther King jr. is "what is your life blueprint," he gave that speech on October 26,1967 actually it was only 6 months before he was assassinated, and he spoke to a group of students from Barrett junior high school, I was thinking about it and I honestly can't imagine hearing that speech in person as it is so impactful to me even just listening in, here is my favorite segment... "if it falls on your lot to be a street sweeper, sweep streets like Michelangelo painted pictures, sweep streets like Beethoven composed music, sweep streets like Leontyne Price sings before the metropolitan opera. Sweep streets like Shakespeare wrote poetry. Sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will have to pause and say: Here lived a great street sweeper who swept his job well. If you can’t be a pine at the top of the hill, be a shrub in the valley. Be be the best little shrub on the side of the hill.
Be a bush if you can’t be a tree. If you can’t be a highway, just be a trail. If you can’t be a sun, be a star. For it isn’t by size that you win or fail. Be the best of whatever you are."

I honestly think that is one of the best speeches I have heard to date, I think that even if I were to hear it in 20 years it would still be such a good speech. Why? Because its saying that whatever you do, whoever you are, you still have a %97.5 present chance to be great if you chose to take it, and that even if you happen to be a smoothie maker or a waiter that doesn't mean you don't work as hard as the lawyer or doctor. It says, "For it isn’t by size that you win or fail. Be the best of whatever you are." and I think that is such a smart mentality to have in life. 


Another thing I want to touch on is the African Americans in M.L.K.'s time had a way of fighting and such a justified sprit that others don't always have, and this theme song from "eyes on the prize," stuck out to me "I know the one thing we did right, was the day we started to fight, keep your eye on the prize, hold on, keep your eyes on the prize, hold on" I think that in whatever you do or in whoever you are, you should have that fighting spirit and feel passionate about what is on your blueprint (like a fighting spirt) also.
 And lastly I want to encourage you to let yourself be molded, do whatever you do wonderfully and realize that you can help the fight...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A reson for a blog

About